Pin Bhaba Trek
Duration: 7 Days
Max Altitude: 16,125 ft.
Pickup Point: Shimla
Best Time: May to September
Price includes Jacket/Shoes Offer
Best Time To Visit
Mid May to September End
Starts from Rs. 19,000/- per person
Pin Bhaba Pass Trek connects the lush green, vibrant Bhaba Valley, Kinnaur, to the deserted, cold, and dry Pin Valley in Spiti.
This trek includes passing through thick coniferous forests, crossing river bridges, trekking through glaciers, screes, moraines, and camping at beautiful campsites. The landscape constantly changes on this trek, but the only constant is the turquoise Bhaba River that gives us company throughout.
There is no denying that the Pin Bhaba Pass Trek is the most loved crossover trek in India. The trekking trail starts in a tiny hamlet Kafnu in Kinnaur and ends in a rustic village Mudh in Spiti Valley. It is a visual treat to experience the two extremes of nature coexisting and gives you a wonderful insight into the two distinct Himalayan cultures.
The trail of Pin Bhaba starts at the charming little Himalayan hamlet of Kafnu (2,400 M) in Kinnaur Valley, climbs up to 4,915M and descends down the other side to a small village in Spiti – Mudh (3,810 M). The experience is no less than witnessing a multitude of dimensions in a span of 8 days.
This trail that takes you through dense forests and shepherd’s trails on the Kinnaur side into the vast, arid lands of Spiti is a visual lesson in the coexistence of extremes. Be prepared Pin for an overstimulation of all your senses on this trek! But this trek is not just about the stunning differences in landscape.
It also introduces you to two distinct Himalayan cultures – the livelihoods, structure of houses, lifestyles – as you traverse from one side of the mountain to the other. The realization that communities and cultures are a product of their environment is a sheer revelation you will witness on this trek.
Pin Bhaba Pass Trek is your passage between two distinct worlds – that from the abundant and alive Bhaba valley in Kinnaur to the dry, resilient and almost galactic Pin Valley in Spiti (the cold desert) in Himachal Pradesh.
How to reach start point – Shimla
- By Air- Jubbarhatti, which is about 23 kilometre from the town, is the nearest airport. There are regular flights going from Jubbarhatti to Chandigarh and Delhi. You can easily get a taxi from the airport to get to Shimla or you can ask your hotel to arrange for an airport transfer.
- By Bus- There are several bus services including Himachal Road Transport Corporation buses as well as private operators connecting Shimla to the major cities in North India. Chandigarh is at a distance of 117 kilometre , Manali at 260 kilometre and Delhi at 343 kilometre . If you are going from Delhi, you can take an overnight air conditioned luxury bus from ISBT Kashmiri Gate. Buses go in the morning or later at night – timings can vary from season to season, you can check them online before making a reservation.
- By Train- The small railway station in Shimla is just 1 km away from the centre of the town and is connected to Kalka by a narrow gauge rail track. The famous toy train of Shimla goes between Kalka and Shimla, covering a distance of 96 km in about 7 hours. Kalka in turn is the nearest rail head, which is connected to Chandigarh and Delhi by regular trains. You can take the Kalka Shatabdi, which goes from New Delhi Railway Station to Kalka Railway Station via Chandigarh.
Altitude of Pin Bhabha Pass
The highest point of trek – the Pass is at a height of 4,915 Mts./ 16,100 ft and is the best of both the worlds at the same time. The prayer flags, the panoramic view with the assault of greens on the one side and browns on the other, while you find yourself in knee deep white snow, are an experience like no other.
The trek itself follows through long dense trees alongside the Bhabha river and covers a complete distance of 60 Kms. The trek is can be done in total 8 days.
During the day the temperature of Pin Bhaba Pass trek is around ( 5°C to 10 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to -1 °C to -5 °C which is not bad.
Best time to visit Pin Bhabha
Pass Pin Bhaba Pass trek is a very beautiful and an Gradual uphill trek in the Himachal, The Pin Bhaba Pass trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering and consider it a special purpose in their life. The best time to do the Pin Bhaba Pass trek is from May to October, you can do it comfortably, it is safe, there is no problem of any kind here.
You get to see a lot in the trek, along with snow in May and June, you also get to see greenery which looks like a mini Switzerland. Pin Bhaba Pass I get amazing combination of two valleys of dry and green valley which makes your trek very memorable and also a difficult. So this trek should not be considered too easy.
Pin Bhaba Pass trek Month in May and June gives a slightly different experience to Trekkers because in May you start getting snow after Mulling camps.
The Pin Bhaba Pass trek starts from Kafnu village and its end point is Mudh near Kaza Spiti valley. road head In May and June, you get a combination of both greenery and snow and Dry valley spiti , which makes the trek very spectacular. The weather in May and June is quite good and trek friendly, which makes trekking a lot of fun.
In the month of July and August, you will get to see beautiful flowers and green Meadows beautiful Mountain range, this trek looks very beautiful in monsoon. Pin Bhaba Pass trek is mostly done in July and August, it is easy to trek here in this month.
There is some rain in the monsoon months of July and August, trek but it also has its own fun in trekking. and Not many people come here in monsoon, so you can have a peaceful atmosphere here.
Pin Bhaba Pass trek is a little different in the months of September and October, There is no snow here in September and October, so it is a bit difficult to pass the summit without a little snow, but at this time you can get to see very beautiful views, and the special thing is that the month of October can be here anytime. Snow can fall, you can experience it.
Highlights of the trek
- Enjoy the mesmerizing views of the turquoise waters of the Chandratal Lake nestled within the high mountains on the Pin Bhaba Pass Trek trail
- Trek across the pink hues of the Pin valley amidst the stark and deserted mountains of Spiti on one side and lush green Bhaba valley on the other
- Hike across the enchanting forests of Mulling and into the grasslands of Mulling with turquoise blue river and little brooks on opposite sides of your trail.